Sunday, June 20, 2010

Kitchen Updates

For mother's day this year Luke told me that he would make remodeling our kitchen a priority. Yeah! I have been waiting for us to be able to do this so I was very excited. Luke with the help of my brother Jake pulled up the flooring, well...as much as we could. Our original plan was to lay tile down, but after seeing hard wood floors under the linoleum flooring we did not have the heart to cut it out. We refinished the hardwood in a really nice walnut color and then were lucky enough to have a friend install granite. Never in my wildest dreams would I have granite, but we could not pass up the price. Next, we will move to updating the cabinets. Not sure yet what we are doing, but I will post photos when we get it done.






This is how it looks today. We are looking at doing a tile back splash and are just waiting for the tile. I love how it has turned out. The darker flooring and and counters really warms up the kitchen. Plus, my favorite part is no more old yucky WHITE linoleum that showed everything on the floor.

No comments: